Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
This twice yearly rendezvous organised jointly by two European festivals (Toulouse and San Sebastian), has the objective to contribute to the completion, distribution and promotion of full length Latin American films that are experiencing difficulties at the post-production stage.
A selection of 6 unfinished films will be exclusively presented to film professionals in order that they may make a decisive contribution to ensuring that these works reach the public.
FILMS IN PROGRESS TOULOUSE AWARD:
by RODRIGO SEPÚLVEDA (Chile)
Post-production services provided by the collaborating companies, a grant for post-production work and services and initiatives to promote the winning work.
The «Films in Progress Toulouse Award» was presented by a jury consisting of representatives of the companies and bodies involved in the award.
- LE CENTRE NATIONAL DU CINÉMA (CNC) will give a grant towards the cost of post-production work in France.
- COMMUNE IMAGE provides, at affordable prices, editing rooms, a photo studio, screening room for 4K calibration and sound mixing, DCP creation. In this way Commune Image supports the festival and offers 10 days’ calibration in its screening room.
- TITRA FILM PARIS, TVS and LES STUDIOS DE SAINT OUEN A long-standing contributor to Films in Progress, TITRA FILM Paris provides support valued at EUR3,000 towards technical subtitling (without adaptation), DCP creation and/or duplication, or creation of the iTunes and/or Google Play package. In the frame of its backing of Latin American cinema, TITRA FILM also contributes to Primer Corte/Ventana Sur.
- MACTARI will provide EUR15,000 in sound editing or mixing services.
- EAUX VIVES will coordinate post-production of the winning film with the companies sponsoring the Award; this includes 4 weeks of post-production monitoring for a value equivalent to EUR8,600.
- FIREFLY Firefly will provide, free of charge, the software suite FireCloud, a colour correcting program with collaborative functions in single or multiple place locations, for colour grading of the winning film.
- LA CAISSE CENTRALE D'ACTIVITES SOCIALES DU PERSONNEL DES INDUSTRIES ELECTRIQUES ET GAZIERES (CCAS) offers a residence of 5 weeks in Paris to the winning director in order that he or she may assure the post-production or promotion of the film in France.
SPECIAL CINE + EN CONSTRUCCIÓN AWARD
by RODRIGO SEPÚLVEDA (Chile)
- The CINE + channel guarantees purchase of the winning film of the CINE + en Construcción Special Award for a value of EUR15,000 and its television broadcast. This award will go to the distributor of the film in France with the stipulation that it must be screened in commercial cinemas throughout France in the two years after its screening at Films in Progress.
EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTORS AND EXHIBITORS AWARD
by CHICO TEIXEIRA (Brazil - Chile - France)
- EUROPA DISTRIBUTION undertakes to promote the winning film among its network of 125 members.
- LA CONFÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DES CINÉMAS D’ART ET D’ESSAI (CICAE) will distribute information to its members, 2,000 cinema managers, with a view to fostering circulation of the film and raising awareness in distributors.
- FILA 13 SUBTITULATION will provide the dialogue list in French for Films in Progress to the producer for every selected film.
- El PRODUCERS NETWORK-FESTIVAL DE CANNES provides two (2) passes to attend the Producers Network for the producers of films selected at Films in Progress Toulouse.
- Région Midi-Pyrénée supports Films in Progress and Developing Films and contributes to the presence of directors and producers whose films have been selected, and to those of the film professionals who participate in these programmes of aid to co-production and to post-production.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE PARTNERS OF FILMS IN PROGRESS:
Centre National du Cinéma et de l'image animée (C.N.C) - Région Midi-Pyrénées - Conseil Général de la Haute-Garonne - Mairie de Toulouse - Caisse Centrale d'Activités Sociales du personnel des industries électriques et gazières (C.C.A.S) - CINÉ + - Mactari - Titra TVS - Eaux Vives - Firefly - Commune image - Confédération Internationale des Cinémas d'Art et d'Essai (C.I.C.A.E) - Europa Distribution - EP2C Postproduction training program - La Cinéfondation - La Trame - l'École Supérieure d'Audiovisuel (E.S.A.V) - Producers Network (Cannes) - Crous Toulouse - Cetim - Fila 13 - Signis - Media- Daniel Goldstein - Deluxe - Dolby - Ibermedia - Laserfilm - Nephilim producciones - No Problem Sonido - Vértigo Films
|With the support of: